Cisco Foray Server Computer with Unified Computing
Cisco announced a new data center architecture, services and an open ecosystem of partners to help customers develop next-generation data centers that unleash the power of virtualization.
The announcement is in line with Cisco’s Data Center 3.0 strategy of virtualization through unified computing - an architecture that bridges the silos in the data center into one unified architecture using industry standard technologies.
"The virtual machine has become the new atomic building block of the data center, creating new challenges and opportunities with the potential to transform the computing environment and deliver significant benefits," said Mario Mazzola, senior vice president, server access and virtualization business unit, Cisco.
He added, "Taking advantage of this architectural shift in the data center, we developed a new computing model that transforms the data center into a dynamic IT environment with the power to increase productivity, improve business agility and drive the benefits of virtualization to an entirely new level."
Cisco’s Unified Computing System unites compute, network, storage access, and virtualization resources in a single energy-efficient system that can reduce IT infrastructure costs and complexity, help extend capital assets and improve business agility well into the future.
To help customers accelerate the transition to the Unified Computing architecture, Cisco is paving the way with a comprehensive suite of new Unified Computing services. In addition, Cisco announced collaboration with industry leaders on the Unified Computing System and architecture.
- Top Fintech Trends That Will Dominate This Year
- Data Felon’s Next Target: Insurance Firms
- 2018: The Year Of Demystifying Unstructured Data
- The Key Security Factors In Aadhaar Authentication
- The Promise Of Cognitive Computing In India
- Top 10 Customer Experience Trends in 2018
- How Big Data Is Changing Banking And Finance
- Microsoft, Accenture Team Up To Help Start-Ups
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 8-13)
- Qlik Appoints Mike Capone As New CEO