Cisco, Microsoft Tie Up To Focus On Cloud, Data Centers
Networking major Cisco and Microsoft have announced a multi-year sales and go-to-market agreement to modernize data centers. Building on a rich history of solution development, the two companies will invest in sales, marketing and engineering resources to drive global alignment, while delivering deeper technology integration across cloud and data center markets.
Frank Palumbo, Senior Vice President, Global Data Center and Virtualization Sales, Cisco, says “We’re expanding our long-standing technical partnership with Microsoft with an aggressive global go-to-market and sales initiative. By providing our customers and partners with greater sales alignment and even deeper technology integration we will help them transform their data centers and accelerate the journey to the cloud.”
The companies will focus on integrating market leading technologies, including Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), Cisco Nexus switching and Microsoft Cloud OS solutions including Windows Server, System Center, SQL Server and Microsoft Azure.
Stephen Boyle, Vice President, Worldwide Enterprise & Partners Group, Microsoft says, “Enterprise customers worldwide are betting on Microsoft and Cisco to realize the benefits of our combined cloud and datacenter technologies. Now, together, we’re strengthening our joint efforts to help customers move faster, reduce costs and deliver powerful new applications and services for their businesses.”
In the first year, the companies will focus on six countries—the United States, Canada, UK, Germany, France, and Australia—with expansion to additional countries in the following years. Their sales teams will work together on cloud and data center opportunities, including an initial program focused on the migration of Windows 2003 customers to Windows 2012 R2 on the Cisco UCS platform.
The integrated solutions will focus on private cloud, server migration, service provider, and SQL Server 2014.
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- Data Science: A Success Mantra For Business Optimization
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- NIC Steps Up Its Efforts To Hire More Cyber Security Pros
- The Final GDPR Checks You Mustn’t Forget