Cisco shares data center growth plans
Cisco has shared its plans to grow and strengthen its market in the data center space. In addition, Cisco has adopted a simplified approach with the Unified Computing System (UCS) and its ‘fabric-based computing’ approach.
"At Cisco, we aim to bring together network, compute and virtualization technologies into one unified system. We are confident of revolutionizing data center management by offering flexibility and taking advantage of the role that the network plays in addressing key aspects such as security, scalability and interoperability," said Pramodh Menon, Sr. VP, Cisco India & SAARC.
Cisco also shared details of the second-generation Cisco Unified Computing System. The solution is designed to deliver end-to-end optimization for virtualized environments. The second generation UCS is claimed to be more scalable with new compute, I/O management capabilities.
According to Cisco, these innovations lets its data center architecture deliver up to four times the compute capacity in the same footprint, up to four times the bandwidth capacity in the same footprint with the existing chassis, and up to 92 percent fewer points of management than legacy networks. Other areas that it claims to have improved upon are application throughput, database consolidation, and reduced power consumption.
Cisco’s recent initiatives in the data center enabled cloud computing include, its data center 3.0 architecture, partnerships with NetApp and VMware towards ensuring security in cloud computing environments, and being part of the Cloud Security Alliance and CloudAudit.
- Here Are The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- Gartner: Top 10 Strategic Tech Trends For 2018