Cisco to acquire video software and content security firm NDS for $5 billion
Acquisition of NDS will expand Cisco’s ability to transform how service providers and media companies worldwide deliver next-generation video experiences to subscribers.
Cisco announced its intent to acquire NDS Group Ltd., a leading provider of video software and content security solutions that enable service providers and media companies to securely deliver and monetize new video entertainment experiences.
Cisco said that this acquisition reflects its increased strategic focus on video, one of its five foundational priorities, and its investment in software and services revenue streams and competencies.
“Our strategy has always been driven by customer need and on capturing market transitions. Our acquisition of NDS fits squarely into this strategy, enabling content and service providers to deliver new video solutions that leverage the cloud and drive new monetization opportunities and service differentiation,” said John Chambers, Chairman and CEO, Cisco.
NDS uses the combination of a software platform and services to create differentiated video offerings for service providers that enable subscribers to intuitively view, search and navigate digital content anytime, anywhere and on any device.
Under the terms of the agreement, Cisco will pay approximately $5 billion, including the assumption of debt and retention-based incentives, to acquire all of the business and operations of NDS.
The acquisition has been approved by the boards of directors of both companies.
NDS Group Ltd. creates the technologies and applications that enable pay-TV operators to securely deliver digital content to TV set-top boxes, digital video recorders (DVRs), PCs, mobiles and other multimedia devices. Over 90 of the world’s leading pay-TV platforms rely on NDS solutions to protect and enhance their business.
Headquartered in the UK, with over 5000 employees, NDS Group Ltd. is a private company owned by the Permira Funds and News Corporation.
- How AI-ML Are Fueling Video Editing Innovations
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- How Smart Cities Of The Future Can Get Smarter
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- 10 Questions To Ask Your Cloud Vendor Encryption Solutions
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018
- How Firms Can Improve Internal Customer Satisfaction
- Role Of Technology In Transforming HR
- NIIT To Train 1 Lakh Youth In IT-BSFI Through TPaaS