Cisco to Drop Tandberg Acquisition Plan?
Cisco is considering scrapping its plans of acquiring videoconferencing vendor Tandberg, according to a report in Bloomberg.
The proposed acquisition would have made Cisco the largest player in the $34 billion videoconferencing market.
Cisco had announced its intentions of buying Tandberg in the first week of October and was reportedly set to offer $3 billion. The deal, however, ran into problems later with a section of Tandberg stakeholders, who together represent 24% of the company’s stocks, wanting a higher price.
The Bloomberg report quotes sources inside Cisco as saying that the company is considering scrapping the deal instead of raising its evaluation of Tandberg.
- Top 10 Tech Acquisitions In 2017 So Far
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- Cisco-ver 2: Fixing Spokes While The Bicycle Is In Motion
- SDN-NFV: The Game Changers In Indian Telecom sector
- Building Intelligent Security Into Your Network
- Cisco Brings AI-Based Voice Assistant For The Enterprise
- How Cisco Turns Jaipur Into A Digital, Smart City
- How Companies Can Disrupt Ransomware Attacks
- 5 Reasons For Cos To Use Business Centres For Office Spaces