Cisco to Drop Tandberg Acquisition Plan?
Cisco is considering scrapping its plans of acquiring videoconferencing vendor Tandberg, according to a report in Bloomberg.
The proposed acquisition would have made Cisco the largest player in the $34 billion videoconferencing market.
Cisco had announced its intentions of buying Tandberg in the first week of October and was reportedly set to offer $3 billion. The deal, however, ran into problems later with a section of Tandberg stakeholders, who together represent 24% of the company’s stocks, wanting a higher price.
The Bloomberg report quotes sources inside Cisco as saying that the company is considering scrapping the deal instead of raising its evaluation of Tandberg.
- How Smart Cities Of The Future Can Get Smarter
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018
- Govt Projects To Drive India's Networking Market: IDC
- 5G To Pave Way For Self-driving Cars' Safety: Gartner
- Smart City Mission Receives Impetus from Tech Giants
- Key Criteria For Choosing Your IoT Connectivity Provider
- Future Of Smart Cities And Transportation In India
- Digital Tech Creating Enhanced Experiences In The Air
- How To Become Cisco CCNA Security 210-260 Certified