Cisco to Make Bengaluru an Intelligent City
The programme is aimed at helping cities around the world use the network as the next utility for integrated city management and economic development. The initiative brings together a broad portfolio of products, services, partners and solutions for public safety and security, transportation, buildings, energy, heathcare and education.
The memorandum of understanding was signed at the Cisco campus by Naresh Wadhwa, president and country manager of Cisco India, and Ashok Kumar Manoli, principal secretary, IT, BT, Government of Karnataka.
This partnership builds on Cisco’s technology expertise around the world in cities like San Francisco, Amsterdam and Seoul to help promote sustainable, intelligent urban development practices.
John Chambers, CEO of Cisco Systems, said, "We shall use our networking capabilities extensively to bring in system and technology intelligently. We have started with a pilot project that will continue for the next 3-6 months and later get it to education and healthcare sectors."
Asked why he kicked off the project in Karnataka, Chambers said, "Bengaluru offers a huge advantage as we have a major setup including our R&D facilities and the government here understands our plans and technology that would help the masses."
In the next 9-12 months’ time, other states will follow, he said.
The company showcased its own internal security operations centre, real-time security monitoring and alerts, video surveillance tools, card readers and biometric recognition, and security activation systems.
- How Companies Can Disrupt Ransomware Attacks
- Central Government Clears BharatNet For Tamil Nadu
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz