Cisco to strengthen device management offerings with ClearAccess acquisition
ClearAccess to provide a critical technology for Cisco to offer service providers a complete set of tools to manage their networks, within the home and across any connected device.
Cisco said that it intents to acquire privately held ClearAccess, a provider of software to service providers for provisioning and management of residential and mobile devices.
This acquisition includes ClearAccess’ software business and talent, the company said.
The financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
In a press statement, Cisco said that the combined network management and software capabilities of both the companies will enable service providers to better deliver, manage and monetize their services, while helping to improve operational efficiencies and customer experiences.
“The ClearAccess acquisition reinforces our commitment to service providers by accelerating software architectural advancements in mobility, cloud and managed devices, and video,”said Jamie Lerner, Vice President and General Manager, Cisco Network Management Technology Group, Service Provider Applications.
He added that ClearAccess provides a critical technology that will advance Cisco’s mission to offer service providers a complete set of tools to manage their networks, within the home and across any connected device, amid the ongoing proliferation in network traffic.
Upon the close of the acquisition, the ClearAccess team will be integrated into the Cisco Network Management Technology Group.
Early this month, Cisco had announced its intent to acquire NDS Group Ltd., a leading provider of video software and content security solutions that enable service providers and media companies to securely deliver and monetize new video entertainment experiences.
- Google To Work On Its Own Blockchain Technology
- Users Wary Of Making Purchases Through Smartwatches: Report
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- Ransomware Against IoT, Mobile On The Rise: SonicWall
- How To Become Cisco CCNA Security 210-260 Certified