Cisco unveils web 2.0 platform for NGOs
Cisco has launched www.myhumannetwork.com, a web 2.0 platform that allows individuals and organizations across India, to associate with causes and initiatives, interact with like-minded people and share ideas, thoughts, experiences and solutions.
The platform allows visitors to browse through specific categories, identify causes and choose initiatives under each cause. They can either associate with existing social initiatives from across the country or create new initiatives. Some of these categories include education, healthcare, environment & animal welfare, economic development & infrastructure, and social welfare.
It also enables visitors to showcase their efforts through multimedia channels including blogs, videos, and events. Individuals can participate in discussions, exchange information and create their own network of individuals. The platform is built on the Google Earth application, allowing members and visitors to choose a particular initiative by selecting causes within a specific geographic location on the map or through a search function that can assist in filtering causes and initiatives based on the interests of the user.
"I am confident that this platform will give a fillip to the numerous organizations in India that are engaged in positive social change. The myhumannetwork.com signifies the power of the human network," said Naresh Wadhwa, president and country manager, Cisco - India & SAARC
Presently 40 NGOs and individuals across the country have registered for this project and are targeting 250+ NGOs and individuals in the next 6 to 9 months. The partner NGOs includes Action India, Vatavaran, Spic Macay, Sweccha-We for change, Jamghat, AIESEC, etc.
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer
- Microsoft Brings AI Powered Update To Bing
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins