Cisco Verticalises Collaboration Offerings
Cisco is verticalising its collaboration offerings.
The company has tied up with system integrators like Infosys, Wipro, Mekesson, Oracle Retail, SAP for the same.
We are working with US based Mekesson for offerings in health care, SAP for manufacturing, Infosys for core banking solutions, Oracle for retail among others. We are serious about this business. 20 per cent of our top global executives are based out of India, said Minhaj Zia, national sales manager, Unified Communications, Cisco India & SAARC.
Infosys Virtual Banker is one of the examples of the collaboration offering. The company has developed a virtual banker offering along with Cisco in a bid to enable bankers reach wider audience. Nandan Nilekani, CEO Infosys said, The offering helps our customers (banks) get more productive, and in turn helps their customer (end user) to reach out to any bank, any resource at any branch. It is a kind of multi channel convergence.
While Cisco wants to leverage the tech investments it has made over the past few years, the collaboration offerings will include a heavy tilt of technologies from companies it has acquired over the last few months.
Manjula Talreja, vice president, strategy and business operations, software group for Cisco said the company is bringing the synthesis power of unified communication with the collaboration tool.
It is also leveraging the expertise of its acquisitions over the last few months. For eg: it will use Securents s products to develop security policy guidelines, software platform form WebEx and email server and IM manager from Postpath in the offerings. It also has plans to launch a connected WebEx portal for the SMBs; and is working towards offering email server and IM manager as a service, she said.
The company launched about 40 collaboration tools with 800 capabilities across 30 countries worldwide as on Thursday evening.
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- How To Become Cisco CCNA Security 210-260 Certified
- Top 10 Tech Companies To Work With In India
- Digital Disruption Boosts Business Growth, Revenue: Study
- How Companies Can Disrupt Ransomware Attacks
- Ericsson Sees 5G Readiness On The Rise
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- 5 Best Ways to Use Collaboration Tools for Quick Growth
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud