Cisco-VMware deliver next-generation cloud infrastructure
Cisco and VMware announced that they have extended their partnership to offer integrated products and services aimed at delivering the software defined data centre.
To develop technology integration initiatives, Cisco and VMware plans to make significant joint engineering investments for launching a new set of solutions designed to provide customers unprecedented levels of agile compute and network services, workload and workspace mobility, end-to-end visibility, and ease of troubleshooting across their physical and virtual infrastructures.
“Cisco and VMware have delivered incredible value to customers seeking to accelerate the deployment of private and public clouds. The next-generation datacenter will enable customers to capture the value of VMware cloud infrastructure and management stacks along with the next wave of Cisco innovations in hardware, ASICs, systems and network programmability to deliver unprecedented scalability, security, diagnostics and policy management,” said Rob Lloyd, Executive Vice President, Cisco.
Moreover, Cisco and VMware will develop Cisco Unified Computing System-based cloud solutions that bundles Cisco virtual networking, virtual services and management like Nexus 1000V virtual switch with VMware’s vSphere 5.1, vCloud Suite 5.1 and other management offerings.
According to Pat Gelsinger, Incoming Chief Executive Officer, VMware, the software-defined datacenter will deliver the next leap in software-based datacenter automation across server, storage and networking, but it requires equal hardware and systems-based innovation.
“We believe the partnership will bring significant value to our joint customers through the integration of the VMware cloud infrastructure platform with Cisco’s intelligent network fabric,” he summed up.
- SMB Guide To Effectively Deploy Salesforce CRM
- The Promise Of Cognitive Computing In India
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 8-13)
- Top 5 SMB Tech Trends To Rule In 2018
- 2018 Will Be The Year Of The Hybrid Cloud
- Data Technology Will Redefine The Way Companies Do Business
- Top Tech Jobs In Demand This Year
- Top 10 Business Intelligence Trends for 2018
- Key Cloud Transformation Predictions For 2018
- Cloud Is Transforming The Role Of IT Organizations