Cisco's Mobile Agent Research Tie-up
Cisco Systems has collaborated with IIT-Roorkee, for advanced research on mobile agent technology, setting up networking infrastructure to facilitate R&D on ‘mobile agents’ in WAN and wireless environments.
It is speculated that the fast emerging Mobile agent technology could lead to seamless information presentation, organization and efficient retrieval from the Internet, besides providing an intuitive and efficient platform for developing Internet applications in an open, distributed and heterogeneous environment.
“Mobile Agents are increasingly being used across enterprises for applications such as meeting-scheduler and intrusion detection. A wider diffusion of the technology is currently limited by the lack of a comprehensive security framework,” said Kumkum Garg, Professor - computing & Head ISC, IIT-Roorkee,
Students will use this infrastructure to conduct mobile agent research in WAN and wireless settings - currently done in a LAN setting, which limits their applicability in networking research.
“Cisco has always been committed to the advancement of higher education and cutting edge research in India. Our collaboration with IIT Roorkee for the development of mobile agents technology is another step in this direction,” said Jangoo Dalal, Senior VP - enterprise, Cisco Systems (India & SAARC).
The networking infrastructure of the mobile agent solution includes Cisco’s Catalyst 6509, ISR 2851, ISR 2811 with Cisco Call Manager Express, IP Phones-7970, 7940 for deploying IP Communication solution based on Call Manager Express with high capacity core LAN Switch and ISR routers.
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- Cisco Announces A Slew Of Initiatives To Accelerate Digitization In India
- How UST Global Tackles Cyber Threats Head-On
- How Cisco Is Speeding Up Network Innovation
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- How Smart Cities Of The Future Can Get Smarter