Cisco's security without borders for businesses
Cisco has announced the Cisco Secure Borderless Network architecture, which enables businesses to access information from any device and any location with a high degree of ease and security. This is especially important as workforces are increasingly mobile and are using new forms of Web-based collaboration and communication, making traditional security approaches insufficient.
Tom Gillis, VP and GM, security technology business unit, Cisco explains, "The security needs of businesses are changing and becoming more complex, as more employees spend time out of the office accessing the corporate network via their smart phone or laptop. As a result, enterprises need a solution that will not hamper employee productivity, while helping to ensure that the network is not exposed to hackers, malware and other threats."
Cisco Secure Borderless Network architecture focuses on four critical anchors namely, enterprise endpoints (mobile or fixed), the Internet edge, the data center, and policy that is context- and location-aware. As a part of this architecture, Cisco will release the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility, which allows seamless, always-on highly secure connectivity, automatic security gateway detection, trusted network detection and highly secure application access for both managed and unmanaged devices.
"AnyConnect Secure Mobility is the solution that our customers have been demanding, enabling them to strike that balance between providing consistent security and supporting access from individuals using any device to connect to the network from anywhere in the world," added Gillis.
As a part of this architecture, Cisco will also expand its TrustSec solution, which helps businesses build policy, identity and protection into the network with policy-based access control, identity-aware networking, and data integrity and confidentiality. With Cisco TrustSec, customers can better protect borderless networks by simplifying management of security policy and access control and enabling highly secure collaboration.
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- What’s Driving The Shift To Cryptocurrency Mining Malware?
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- Ransomware Against IoT, Mobile On The Rise: SonicWall
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- How To Become Cisco CCNA Security 210-260 Certified
- Women In Cybersecurity Face Harsh Reality: Study
- Helping You Escape Competition With UPI Payments
- E-Tailers Should Embrace “Mobile-First” Mindset To Succeed