Cisco’s Zorawar Biri Singh Steps Down As CTO: Report
The top management exit continues at Cisco. In a latest development, Zorawar Biri Singh has reportedly stepped down from his position as chief technology officer from the global networking company. According to the report published in CRN, Singh, who is also a senior vice president of Cloud Services and Platforms, has stepped down from his position due to the company’s evolving engineering strategy.
“Earlier this week, we announced to employees an updated alignment of our engineering teams. We believe these changes will help us simplify our development efforts and accelerate delivery of value for our customers. As a result of these changes, Zorawar Biri Singh will leave Cisco at the end of October,” a Cisco spokesperson wrote to CRN in an emailed statement.
Also Read: 4 Executives Bid Adieu To Cisco Systems
Singh is the latest of several Cisco leaders who have departed the company this year; the list includes Cisco’s enterprise engineering leader Robert Soderbery; longtime networking visionary Pankaj Patel; and engineer veterans Soni Jiandani, Mario Mazzola, Prem Jaim and Luca Cafiero.
Singh was hired by CEO Chuck Robbins replacing the company’s popular CTO, Padmasree Warrior. His departure comes as Cisco is restructuring its entire 25,000-member engineering team along with Cisco’s Intercloud strategy.
In August, the network leader also unveiled an internal restructuring plan in an effort to invest in priority areas such as security and Internet of Things that includes the elimination of up to 5,500 positions. Apart from Internet of Things, data security, data centers, cloud, and collaboration tools will be the focus on the company post-restructure.
(Image Courtesy: Cisco.com)
- Top 10 Tech Acquisitions In 2017 So Far
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- Persistent System’s President Mritunjay Singh Resigns
- Cisco-ver 2: Fixing Spokes While The Bicycle Is In Motion
- Cisco Brings AI-Based Voice Assistant For The Enterprise
- How Cisco Turns Jaipur Into A Digital, Smart City
- How Companies Can Disrupt Ransomware Attacks
- Dell Veteran Sameer Garde Joins Cisco As President
- Telcos Must Explore New Revenue Streams With IoT: Study
- Businesses Are Seeing Real Benefits In IoT Adoption: Study