CISOs Must Invest In New Cyber Security Tools To Mitigate Risks: Study
While enterprises across verticals are falling prey to cyber-attacks, they have also acknowledged the importance of response mechanism to mitigate the damage cause by security breach.
A new survey by security firm Fortinet reveals that IT leaders believe that the best response mechanism to combat security breaches is to invest in new cyber security technologies.
The research highlights that a majority of IT and security decision makers surveyed in the APAC region who have largely been hit by the ransomware attack, opine that the best response to increased security breaches is to invest in new cyber security technologies that provide protection across the entire threat lifecycle.
Cloud and vulnerability in IT systems are the two biggest concerns for IT decision makers. According to the survey, security heads are heavily leveraging on threat detection technologies, along with cloud-based cyber security services, to mitigate cyber-attacks and better protect their organizations.
However, in terms of how and where new threat intelligence capabilities may be applied, only 48 percent in India and 44 percent in APAC of respondents said they had their own threat research/incident response team monitoring all security activity in place today.
“Enterprises need to respond more rapidly and effectively to security breaches by investing in integrated, adaptive cyber security architectures for the borderless network,” said Patrice Perche, Senior Executive Vice President, Worldwide Sales & Support, Fortinet.
The research also noted that within three to five years, organizations in the APAC region could be addressing their cyber security priorities through outsourcing.
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Firms Unable To Cope With Security Skill Gap, Vendor Sprawl: Study
- CXOs Struggling To Turn Digital Strategies into Performance
- Why Blockchain Experts Should Rethink Cybersecurity
- AI Is The Future of Cybersecurity
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study
- NIC Steps Up Its Efforts To Hire More Cyber Security Pros
- More SMBs Investing In Data Security, CRM: Study
- What Stops Millennials From Pursuing Cybersecurity Career?