Citrix brings enterprise-ready mobile apps
Citrix has unveiled Worx Mobile Apps for enterprises. These are enterprise-ready mobile apps with security, policy and provisioning controlled by Citrix XenMobile.
The apps, offered with Citrix XenMobile, include WorxMail for secure e-mail, calendar and contacts, WorxWeb for secure web browsing and Citrix ShareFile for secure document sharing, sync and editing. Citrix also announced a new Worx App SDK for developers and a new Worx App Gallery for the CIO and the IT department.
Over 80 Worx-enabled third party apps will be showcased in the Worx App Gallery. Adobe, Antenna, Appcelerator, Box, Catch, Concur, Expensify, HP, Good Reader and Xora are said to have signaled their intent to work with Citrix, said the company.
The Worx App SDK is designed to enable third parties and enterprise developers to Worx enable their mobile apps. The SDK leverages Citrix MDX app container technology to add features like data encryption, password authentication, secure lock and wipe, inter-app policies and micro VPNs to any mobile app. A single line of code instantly embeds enterprise capabilities into any mobile app.
IT organizations according to Citrix, will find a rich collection of Worx-enabled apps in the Worx App Gallery hosted by the company. Third-party app developers can leverage this Gallery to promote and showcase their apps to over 260,000 Citrix customers. The Gallery will make it simple for IT to find and access Worx-enabled apps. The Worx App Gallery will be open for business at the end of June 2013. To take advantage of the capabilities in Worx Mobile Apps, customers would need to purchase XenMobile Enterprise edition.
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Governance, Risk and Compliance- Trends and Predictions
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- GES '17: Ivanka Trump’s Focus On Tech Is Not Misplaced
- Ericsson Forecasts 1 Billion 5G Subscriptions By 2023
- Importance of Availability During holiday Season
- The Age of Cognition Is Coming
- What Makes SHAREit So Bullish On India Market