Citrix brings enterprise-ready mobile apps
Citrix has unveiled Worx Mobile Apps for enterprises. These are enterprise-ready mobile apps with security, policy and provisioning controlled by Citrix XenMobile.
The apps, offered with Citrix XenMobile, include WorxMail for secure e-mail, calendar and contacts, WorxWeb for secure web browsing and Citrix ShareFile for secure document sharing, sync and editing. Citrix also announced a new Worx App SDK for developers and a new Worx App Gallery for the CIO and the IT department.
Over 80 Worx-enabled third party apps will be showcased in the Worx App Gallery. Adobe, Antenna, Appcelerator, Box, Catch, Concur, Expensify, HP, Good Reader and Xora are said to have signaled their intent to work with Citrix, said the company.
The Worx App SDK is designed to enable third parties and enterprise developers to Worx enable their mobile apps. The SDK leverages Citrix MDX app container technology to add features like data encryption, password authentication, secure lock and wipe, inter-app policies and micro VPNs to any mobile app. A single line of code instantly embeds enterprise capabilities into any mobile app.
IT organizations according to Citrix, will find a rich collection of Worx-enabled apps in the Worx App Gallery hosted by the company. Third-party app developers can leverage this Gallery to promote and showcase their apps to over 260,000 Citrix customers. The Gallery will make it simple for IT to find and access Worx-enabled apps. The Worx App Gallery will be open for business at the end of June 2013. To take advantage of the capabilities in Worx Mobile Apps, customers would need to purchase XenMobile Enterprise edition.
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content: CTO
- 5 Steps to Manage An Efficient Innovation Program
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- Silvan Launches IoT Business Manager for The Enterprise
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- Travel Meets Technology To Redefine Customer Experience
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data