Citrix eyes talent in India, opens new R&D facility in Bengaluru
Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CTXS) has announced its strategic expansion plans for India, including moving its research and development (R&D) team to a new facility in Bangalore, second in size only to that of the US R&D base. Plans are afoot to expanding its sales team and opening to a new sales office in Mumbai to accommodate them.
Citrix CEO Mark Templeton opened the new R&D centre and detailed the company’s expansion plans for India. The new facility will handle all aspects of research including design, coding, functional testing, engineering, management. As a result, Citrix hopes to interact with its customers better and that too early in the product development stage, in order to provide them with the best solution to meet their business needs.
“India has some of the best information technology talent in the world and the expansion of our R&D team here ensures we can take best advantage of this highly regarded expertise,” said Templeton.
Rakesh Singh, Vice President and Managing Director for Bangalore Research and Development said the local team was responsible for the development of key products for Citrix and that they were extremely proud of the leading edge products that were conceived, developed and ultimately brought to market due to Indian know-how.
Sanjay Deshmukh, Area Vice President, India Subcontinent at Citrix, said, “As a rapidly growing market, India holds immense potential for our company and we are proud that we can meet the demands of this dynamic, expanding market with a strengthen sales and R&D team.” Apart from the new Bengaluru facility, Citrix has five R&D centres worldwide, with other facilities in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia and Japan.
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- People Analytics Drives Strong Business Outcomes: Study
- Data Science: A Success Mantra For Business Optimization
- 5 Steps CISOs Can Implement to Enhance Customer Experience
- Silvan Launches IoT Business Manager for The Enterprise
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- IT Should Focus On Business Results: IT Expert