Citrix, MS Partner for Desktop Virtualization
Citrix Systems has partnered with Microsoft to simplify desktop computing by extending its desktop virtualization capabilities. Additionally, Citrix announced plans to extend integration of Citrix XenDesktop with the new Microsoft VDI Suite licenses
This integration will enable enterprise customers to manage all of their Windows desktops and applications from a common platform to deliver a consistent user experience to any device, anywhere. The combined solution will unify management of physical and virtual desktops and applications via one management platform, Microsoft System Center, while delivering a consistent experience for Citrix users on any device from any location via one universal client, Citrix Receiver.
In today s challenging economic climate, IT needs to simplify computing with fewer moving parts, and at the same time meet the increasing requirements of its business and users, said Gordon Payne, senior vice president and general manager, Delivery Systems Division, Citrix Systems. "By integrating our desktop virtualization and management solutions, Citrix and Microsoft simplify IT service delivery and enhance end user productivity with a unified management platform and one universal client."
Enterprise IT organizations will be able to manage both distributed and centrally hosted applications using Citrix XenApp application virtualization and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. Citrix XenApp will also extend Microsoft Application Virtualisation (App-V) to enable self-service delivery of applications on any device using Citrix Receiver and Citrix Dazzle. In addition, Citrix announced plans to extend integration of Citrix XenDesktop with the new Microsoft VDI Suite licenses to enhance the companies joint virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solution.
- Microsoft Brings AI Powered Update To Bing
- Technology Plays A Vital Role In Empowering The Workforce
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- Microsoft India Cybersecurity Center Aids 126 Organizations
- Yes Bank Automates Field Sales Processes Using Kaizala
- The Enterprise Gains From Micro Frontend
- Helping C-Suite Innovate With ERP Cloud
- The Evolution Of Computer Science Programs
- Mixed Reality, AI, Quantum Computing To Bring Massive Shift: Satya Nadella
- Salesforce And Google Form Strategic Partnership