CK Technologies Launches Shakti Office 1.72
The much talked about Shakti Office Productivity Suite, which was slated to be India’s answer to MS Office, has reached version 1.72, priced at a modest Rs. 1995.
If you are looking for a solution with a local flavor, may be you should consider Shakti. The only limiter to adopting the solution is that large enterprises cannot expect a local vendor with limited resources to provide the degree of support that Microsoft offers. That’s exactly the reason why the product failed to kick off at Punjab National Bank.
The pricing is extremely tempting, or as Vinod Reddy, CEO, Chennai Kavigal, puts it, Our general pricing policy is to be one-tenth of MS Office.
CK Technologies is a part of the TeNet Group and nurtured by IIT, Madras. The solution is equipped with bilingual capabilities, and targeted at Government agencies, public sector banks, corporates and educational institutions.
Shakti includes SO Write (word processor), SO Calc (spreadsheet), SO Access (database), SO Mail (e-mail client), SO Draw (paint program), SO Show (presentation program) and SO Net (HTML editor).
Most importantly, the look and feel of the product is similar to MS Office, which is expected to provide painless migration without any fresh learning requirements.
- ‘E-Shakti’ adjudged as the winner at ‘EDGE’ awards
- E-Shakti adds value to NREGA in Bihar
- IMImobile launches Cell Shakti for rural India
- Glodyne Digitises EGS Project in Bihar
- Dell Foundation Selects Educomp for Gayan Shakti
- Shakti Fails; Finacle Jumps Legacy Hurdle At PNB
- Step Aside MS Office; Shakti Can Save Millions