Just about when Palm announced its wide range of handhelds, Sony came out with its own handhelds in the form of the Clie PEG-TJ25 and -TJ35, which went unnoticed to many.
The Sony Clie PEG-TJ35 comes with a high resolution TFT colour display of 320 x 320 pixels that supports 65,536 colours. The handheld operates on a Palm OS 5.2.1 powered up by a 200 MHz iMXL Motorolla Dragonball processor with 32 MB RAM (23 MB user accessible).
Measuring 4.38″ x 3″ x 1.16″, this 139g handheld has a super-slim aluminum body. What is special is that this handheld acts as an MP3 player with the optional Memory Stick media. The handheld also includes a new Center Jog Dial navigator with a four-way directional movement.
There are pre-installed key applications, including CLIE Memo and CLIE Viewer, directly on to the ROM memory. It features a number of extras, including a Decuma Latin natural handwriting recognition software and Picsel Viewer for viewing native Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files.
The handheld is powered by an internal Lithium-ion polymer rechargeable battery and also couples a Memory Stick pro expansion slot. It also has a USB and Infrared port that make up this handheldůs interface.
Price: 250 USD
Availability: Online - www.sonystyle.com/clie
- Sony Mobile May â€śDefocusâ€ť On India Market: Report
- Sluggish Smartphone Biz Affects Sony's Profit Estimates: Report
- How Virtual Reality Can Impact Business
- DSLRs Days Are Over As Smartphones Take Center-stage
- China's LeTV Turns Big; Indian Smartphone Cos Watch Out!
- Almost Every IT, Telecom Player Is Now 'Making in India'
- Make In India: Sony Starts Manufacturing Android TV
- What Makes Google, Microsoft Best Employers?
- Can Sony Set New Trends Sans Mobile, Electronics?
- After Losing In PC, Mobile Biz, Whatâ€™s Next For Sony?