Cloud Adoption and Data Confidentiality
Saltmarch Intelligence’s latest study has confirmed that data confidentiality and auditability topped the list of primary obstacles for the use of cloud computing technologies in organizations
The survey, conducted in the third quarter of this year and covering nearly 1,100 business technology professionals, measured perceptions of business technology professionals including their important challenges in adopting cloud, the drivers, how their organization’s plan to use cloud, the different stages of adoption, and the cloud platforms, applications, clients, infrastructure and storage used.
While data confidentiality and auditability (24.5%) topped the list of primary obstacles for the use of cloud computing technologies, performance unpredictability (20.1%) appeared to be another key factor dampening adoption levels. Data transfer bottlenecks (17.5%) and data lock-in (14.3%) were next on the list of factors as reported by respondents.
"Cloud computing has not only been a buzzword but has also become an important opportunity for every type of business. Financial savings, agility and elasticity, all enabled through cloud technology, are crucial in a fast paced business world. At the same time security incidents in the cloud have made clear that this new promising technology comes with complexity and security and privacy challenges. Cyber attacks are executed with precision and patience and security technology seems to fall behind the threat curve," said Indu Britto, SVP of Saltmarch Media.
- Insurance Cos Lack Strategy To Leverage IoT Data: Study
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- What’s Driving The Shift To Cryptocurrency Mining Malware?
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Digital Tech Creating Enhanced Experiences In The Air
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration