Cloud Adoption and Data Confidentiality
Saltmarch Intelligence’s latest study has confirmed that data confidentiality and auditability topped the list of primary obstacles for the use of cloud computing technologies in organizations
The survey, conducted in the third quarter of this year and covering nearly 1,100 business technology professionals, measured perceptions of business technology professionals including their important challenges in adopting cloud, the drivers, how their organization’s plan to use cloud, the different stages of adoption, and the cloud platforms, applications, clients, infrastructure and storage used.
While data confidentiality and auditability (24.5%) topped the list of primary obstacles for the use of cloud computing technologies, performance unpredictability (20.1%) appeared to be another key factor dampening adoption levels. Data transfer bottlenecks (17.5%) and data lock-in (14.3%) were next on the list of factors as reported by respondents.
"Cloud computing has not only been a buzzword but has also become an important opportunity for every type of business. Financial savings, agility and elasticity, all enabled through cloud technology, are crucial in a fast paced business world. At the same time security incidents in the cloud have made clear that this new promising technology comes with complexity and security and privacy challenges. Cyber attacks are executed with precision and patience and security technology seems to fall behind the threat curve," said Indu Britto, SVP of Saltmarch Media.
- Here's Why The Voice-First Strategy Will Rule
- How AI-ML Are Fueling Video Editing Innovations
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- Why Web-scale Is The Future Of Data Center
- Firms That Offer Human-Like AI Experiences Can Win Customers: Study
- Using AI, Big Data To Design The Right Curriculum
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research