CNBC-TV18 Deploys Fortinet's Security Appliance
Provider of multi-threat security solutions, Fortinet, has announced that the media company CNBC-TV18 has deployed four FortiGate enterprise security appliances to protect its bandwidth-intensive network of broadcast television news stations and online financial news portal.
Sify, which helped Fortinet deploy the new security infrastructure comprises of two FortiGate- 800 enterprise-class high performance security systems at CNBC-TV18’s Mumbai office and two FortiGate- 400A systems at its Delhi office.
The media company needed to secure its growing piles of data and applications on its bandwidth-intensive network, which generally handled large amounts of video and voice traffic. Also, an increase in security incidents and a greater demand for failover for online site prompted the company to search for a comprehensive security solution, said Fortinet.
Emphasizing on the importance of uninterrupted and secure network uptime, Rajesh Sharma, Senior Manager Systems, CNBC-TV18 commented, “Traffic on our networks is typically very high, but we cannot afford any downtime or even slow network performance because we are in the business of delivering information in a timely manner. Fortinet has helped us considerably by eliminating spam, viruses and worms that can easily clog our networks and bring operations to a stand-still.”
The FortiGate devices are also protecting 17 other bureaus of CNBC-TV18 in India and abroad, connecting the Mumbai and Delhi offices through leased lines and VSAT.
The security vendor claims that ever since the deployment of the FortiGate platforms, CNBC has been unaffected by any security incidents, such as a virus and worm outbreak.
FortiGate systems are ASIC-accelerated security appliances comprising of a broad range of security capabilities including firewall, virtual private networking (VPN), antivirus, intrusion prevention (IPS), Web filtering, traffic shaping, and anti-spam.
- Machine Learning Helps Doctors To Generate Precise, Faster Prescriptions
- Machine Learning Can Generate Faster, Precise Prescriptions
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- What’s Driving The Shift To Cryptocurrency Mining Malware?
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- Ransomware Against IoT, Mobile On The Rise: SonicWall
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- How To Become Cisco CCNA Security 210-260 Certified
- Women In Cybersecurity Face Harsh Reality: Study