Co-op Credit Society IT Adoption Gets A Boost
Maharashtra State Federation Co-operative Credit Societies Limited (MAFCOCS) and Intel Technology have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) under which both will jointly campaign to increase awareness about adoption of IT and its benefits among the co-operative credit societies across the country.
According to the terms of the MoU, Intel will advise MAFCOCS on various aspects of technology, including the selection process, and deployment framework. The technology vendor will help MAFCOCS deploy the common ICT infrastructure for co-operative credit societies and educate the state federation team on relevant and upcoming software and hardware technologies.
In return, MAFCOCS will support enabling of co-operative credit societies’ software content on Intel architecture. The state federation plans to deploy 10,000 Intel powered Community PCs for the rural needs of credit societies during the next one year as part of the first phase.
“MAFCOCS seeks to provide the co-operative credit societies in Maharashtra information technology that will enable the economical social development of the community. Our association with Intel will ensure these societies get greater access to affordable and advanced technology,” said Lalit Gandhi, Chairman, MAFCOCS.
Intel will also help MAFCOCS set up a data center in Pune which will scale in order to cater to the future needs of co-operative credit societies.
This initiative by Intel to associate itself with MAFCOCS forms a part of its World Ahead program.
Commenting on the announcement, Amar Babu, MD, Sales & Marketing, South Asia, Intel said, “Intel understands the impact of research and innovation required to address the socio-economic situations prevalent in rural communities in India. This association with MAFCOCS to deploy the Community PC will further strengthen Intel’s initiatives in allowing technology to empower the community.”
- How AI Is Changing The Landscape Of House Renting Sector?
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- Have We Learnt A Lesson From Facebook-Cambridge Analytica Crisis?
- Digital Payment To Drive Blockchain Growth In India, Says Study
- Role Of Technology In Transforming HR
- Accenture, Israel Consulate And Nasscom launch 'scalerator'
- Why Blockchain Experts Should Rethink Cybersecurity
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study