COAI Elects New Council Office-bearers
The Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has elected Suneeta Reddy, chairperson Aircel and vice chairperson, COAI, as the new chairperson of COAI.
It also named Sanjay Kapoor, deputy CEO, Bharti Airtel, as vice chairperson of COAI for 2009-2010 at its recently held Annual General Meeting in
Ennumerating the new challenges ahead, Reddy said the agenda for the industry for the next 12 months included ensuring availability of adequate 2G spectrum, an early auction of 3G and BWA spectrum to facilitate the leap to the next generation of services, bridging of the digital divide, improving the financial viability of the industry and making it globally competitive.
With the imminent introduction of mobile number portability, the SIM card would become like a vote that could be exercised anytime by the consumers and the industry should make all efforts to ensure that mobile is viewed as a service that adds value to the consumers lives, she said.
Speaking on the occasion, T. V. Ramachandran, director general, COAI, said that the association had undertaken several landmark initiatives over the last 12 months and this included strengthening subscriber verifications processes under the aegis of ACT the apex Advisory Council; efforts to minimize unsolicited commercial communications through a joint working group set up by TRAI; engaging with the Reserve Bank of India through the mobile banking payment forum for encouraging the use of mobile as a payment platform.
- AI, AR, ML, VoLTE To Boom In 2018: Deloitte
- The Promise Of Cognitive Computing In India
- India's Telecom Sector To Slash 80K-90K Jobs
- 7 Trends Driving IT Transformation In India
- Suspicious Transactions Up Due To Surge In Digital Payments
- India-Israel-US Strengthen Ties At Nasscom's Tech Triangle Summit
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 8-13)
- What Aadhar Data Breach Means To Digital India And Its Citizens
- GDPR Key Challenge For Enterprises in 2018
- India 2nd Largest Contributor To IBM’s 9043 Patents In 2017