Cognizant Appoints Srinivasan V As New COO
Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS) on Tuesday announced the appointment of Srinivasan V as a new COO. He will take over from from Sridhar T, who has been moved to a newly created strategic initiatives portfolio. Srinivasan was executive VP, products and resources at CTS.
“The market is undergoing a major shift in the pace of digital technology adoption by clients, driven by new social, mobile, analytics, cloud, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things (IoT), adaptive manufacturing, augmented reality and blockchain technologies, to name a few… Our realigned organizational structure brings together all of our talented teams to fully align with the transformative needs of our clients and helps us better support them in navigating the shift to compete in the digital economy,” a Cognizant spokesperson told TOI.
All delivery roles will now come under Debashis Chatterjee, who is executive VP and president, technology solutions. Prasad C will now take care of industry verticals in North America while Santosh Thomas gets Latin American markets in addition to the EU and APAC. The BPO business remains with Sumithra Gomatam and Gajen Kandiah will take care of digital works.
The company communicated its five-year strategy to its leaders in December 2015 and the new internal organization structure is to drive that strategy into action, the CTS spokesperson said. “By aligning our team structures and career growth aspirations with newer digital opportunities, we believe we are better positioned to serve our clients, and meet our goals for continued growth and success,” the spokesperson added.
“This new organizational realignment for the digital era is an ahead-of-the-curve move that positions us well to provide a differentiated experience to our clients, gain market share, and provide our employees with unique growth opportunities”, he said.
(Image Courtesy: www.rediff.com)
- Indian Life Insurers Partner with Cognizant to Develop Blockchain Solution
- Cognizant Layoff Case Goes In Favor Of Employees
- What Lies Ahead For Indian IT As Layoffs Loom?
- Cognizant To Layoff 6000 Employees This Year
- Targeted Attacks On Critical Infrastructure On The Rise
- Indian IT May Become Obsolete Without AI, Automation
- Cognizant Goes Aggressive With Acquisition Strategy
- Cognizant Acquires Idea Couture To Succeed In Digital Economy
- Digital Skills Gap Hits 94% Of Companies: Survey