Cognizant, Invensys Rail Sign R&D Deal
Cognizant, a consulting, technology and BPO services provider, has signed an initial five-year, multimillion dollar contract with Invensys Rail to serve the global product R&D needs of group companies located in the UK, Australia, Spain and the US, the company said in a release.
Under the agreement, Cognizant will augment and maintain Invensys Rail s suite of products, and help the company leverage Cognizant’s process maturity to bring in greater operational efficiency and cost-effectiveness to its global product R&D processes, improve quality and time-to-market, and enhance customer experience.
This deal will help Cognizant strengthen its presence in the rail industry by enhancing its ability to provide end-to-end services to rail customers, and expanding its customer base through industry-leading competencies in safety-critical application development, it said.
"By enhancing our industry-leading R&D activities with Cognizant s proven expertise, railways and metro networks all over the world will be able to benefit from our proven and advanced range of train control and communication systems with enhanced end-user support and faster product development," said Invensys Rail Chief Executive Officer James Drummond.
"We are pleased to work with Invensys Rail and welcome on board their highly talented and experienced professionals in Hyderabad," said Cognizant President and CEO Franciso D souza..
- Cloud Is Critical For Driving Semicon Industry's Growth
- Oracle To Showcase Its SaaS Innovation With AI In India
- Oracle Gets Ready To Soar To The Cloud
- The Talent Imperatives In A Digital World
- Leaders Should Optimize IT I&O For Digital Business
- Indian Life Insurers Partner with Cognizant to Develop Blockchain Solution
- Moving Towards Conversational Economy With AI
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Oct 16-20)
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)