Cognizant reaches 1,00,000 employee milestone
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH), a consulting, technology, and business process outsourcing services provider, has crossed the 100,000 employee mark. The 100,000th employee was hired in the U.S. as part of the company’s financial services segment. The company informed that it continues to hire talent across North America, Europe, Asia, South America, and Australia.
“We had 175 employees in 1994 and are proud to have grown to 100,000 in just 16 years,” commented Francisco D’Souza, president and CEO, Cognizant.
“More importantly, we have been able to achieve this while maintaining our cultural DNA of customer-centricity, as underscored by our high customer satisfaction ratings,” D’Souza further added.
To commemorate this milestone, Cognizant stated that it will plant 100,000 trees around the world to individually honor each of its 1,00,000 employees and to support the cause of a greener environment.
“As we redefined the way companies benefit from global services, we have always focused on building a global team of the very best people. We believe that our access to top talent from leading universities and the lateral market, coupled with our unique culture, are among Cognizant’s key differentiators,” remarked Gordon Coburn, COO & CFO, Cognizant.
- Why Industry 4.0 Is The Future Of Manufacturing
- 5 Reasons For Cos To Use Business Centres For Office Spaces
- The Future Of IT Skills For Tech Support Organizations
- Unions In IT Industry... Come On, Give Me A Break!
- Cyber-security Must Focus On The Human Point
- Harness IoT And Smart Appliances To Conserve Energy
- Cognizant Layoff Case Goes In Favor Of Employees
- What Lies Ahead For Indian IT As Layoffs Loom?
- How To Pick A Company That Can Really Launch You?
- How India Can Build Smart Cities For A Better Tomorrow