Cognizant Strengthens IT Infra Services
In its bid to strengthen its consulting capabilities in the IT infrastructure services (IT IS) space, Cognizant Technology Solutions, a leading software and services provider, has acquired the assets of Pepperweed Advisors, the IT consulting arm of Pepperweed Consulting.
The acquisition brings with it a consulting workforce of 24 people, plus intellectual property in processes, tools and frameworks.
" Pepperweed Advisors brings us intellectual property, IT process models, and detailed delivery kits that deepen our domain expertise and enable hands-on implementation of IT service management (ITSM) for our clients, leveraging our IT infrastructure library (ITIL)-based global service delivery framework," said Robert Boles, vice president of Cognizant IT IS.
ITIL is an internationally recognized standard, which defines IT Service Management as the delivery and support of IT services that are appropriate to the business requirements of an organization. ITSM helps transform the IT organization from a support group to a service group in which ITIL processes and best practices are introduced.
This is Cognizant s sixth acquisition of a consulting business in the last three years. It started with the acquisition of Fathom Solutions in the telecom consulting space in 2005, followed by Aimnet, which had a networking operating centre for IT IS, in 2006. Pepperweed is the first investment in the IT IS consulting space.
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Citizen Engagement Is Critical To Smart Cities' Success: Gartner
- Encouraging More Women Into Tech Leadership Roles
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech
- India Needs To Invest More On R&D