Cognizant Strengthens IT Infra Services
In its bid to strengthen its consulting capabilities in the IT infrastructure services (IT IS) space, Cognizant Technology Solutions, a leading software and services provider, has acquired the assets of Pepperweed Advisors, the IT consulting arm of Pepperweed Consulting.
The acquisition brings with it a consulting workforce of 24 people, plus intellectual property in processes, tools and frameworks.
" Pepperweed Advisors brings us intellectual property, IT process models, and detailed delivery kits that deepen our domain expertise and enable hands-on implementation of IT service management (ITSM) for our clients, leveraging our IT infrastructure library (ITIL)-based global service delivery framework," said Robert Boles, vice president of Cognizant IT IS.
ITIL is an internationally recognized standard, which defines IT Service Management as the delivery and support of IT services that are appropriate to the business requirements of an organization. ITSM helps transform the IT organization from a support group to a service group in which ITIL processes and best practices are introduced.
This is Cognizant s sixth acquisition of a consulting business in the last three years. It started with the acquisition of Fathom Solutions in the telecom consulting space in 2005, followed by Aimnet, which had a networking operating centre for IT IS, in 2006. Pepperweed is the first investment in the IT IS consulting space.
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- Smart City Mission: Tier II-III Cities Take the Lead
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- How AI Is Transforming HR And The Recruitment Process
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Plantronics Completes USD 2-Bn Polycom Acquisition