Cognizant Strengthens IT Infra Services
In its bid to strengthen its consulting capabilities in the IT infrastructure services (IT IS) space, Cognizant Technology Solutions, a leading software and services provider, has acquired the assets of Pepperweed Advisors, the IT consulting arm of Pepperweed Consulting.
The acquisition brings with it a consulting workforce of 24 people, plus intellectual property in processes, tools and frameworks.
" Pepperweed Advisors brings us intellectual property, IT process models, and detailed delivery kits that deepen our domain expertise and enable hands-on implementation of IT service management (ITSM) for our clients, leveraging our IT infrastructure library (ITIL)-based global service delivery framework," said Robert Boles, vice president of Cognizant IT IS.
ITIL is an internationally recognized standard, which defines IT Service Management as the delivery and support of IT services that are appropriate to the business requirements of an organization. ITSM helps transform the IT organization from a support group to a service group in which ITIL processes and best practices are introduced.
This is Cognizant s sixth acquisition of a consulting business in the last three years. It started with the acquisition of Fathom Solutions in the telecom consulting space in 2005, followed by Aimnet, which had a networking operating centre for IT IS, in 2006. Pepperweed is the first investment in the IT IS consulting space.
- 70% Indian Firms To Deploy AI By 2020: Intel
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer
- How Digital Tech Is Changing Customer Experience
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Blockchain In The Context Of Enterprises
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- Technology Plays A Vital Role In Empowering The Workforce
- Dentistry And Its Glorious Digital Future
- Stratus Unveils Edge Computing Strategy