CommScope’s Wireless Solution for Sports Venues
CommScope, an infrastructure solutions provider for communications networks launched a new stadium antenna for wireless users that can be deployed in sports arenas and other large venues. The ultra wideband MIMO antenna with narrow beamwidths offers multiple features that help operators use their spectrum efficiently when enabling wireless voice and data traffic.
“The new solution consistent coverage patterns with an ultra wide frequency range, allowing for spectrum efficiency and a reduced need for replacing antennas in future technology deployments,” said Matt Melester, senior vice president and general manager, Distributed Coverage and Capacity Solutions, CommScope. He asserts that its advanced features such as the audible mounting bracket make these cell-max antennas easier to install and are more reliable.
CommScope officials believe that in recent times, there has been a massive increase in wireless data traffic owing to the rise of smartphones and tablets. As a result wireless operators need to deploy dedicated equipment in areas where usage spikes like sports and other large venues where thousands of people assemble. Deploying extra antennas do not help in most cases. Moreover Poorly designed or poorly installed equipment can lead to wasted spectrum and capacity for the operators and/or diminished quality of service for customers. Melester said that these “future ready solutions” are equipped to provide both coverage and capacity efficiently.
With a strong focus on the enterprise market last week, CommScope, launched imVision infrastructure management solution to provide CIOs/IT managers with unparalleled control over their IT infrastructure, so that they can improve operational efficiency across the network and track the real-time location of connected devices.
- India’s 4G Feature Phone Segment To Touch 40 Mn: Report
- Users Wary Of Making Purchases Through Smartwatches: Report
- Feature Phones Now One Of Best Diwali Gifts
- Google Acquires HTC Talent To Bolster Devices Sale
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Sep 4-9)
- Apple Star Engineer Chris Lattner Joins Google
- Indian Smartphone Market Sees A Silver Lining
- Ashok Leyland Introduces Digital Market Place
- E-Retailers Clear Smartphone Inventories Via Pre-GST Sales
- Samsung To Invest Rs. 4,915 Crore In India