CommVault positioned as challenger in Gartner’s magic quadrant
CommVault (NASDAQ:CVLT) has been positioned in the ‘Challengers’ quadrant in Gartner’s (NYSE:IT) magic quadrant for enterprise information archiving (EIA). Growth in CommVault’s information and access management business, including Simpana Archive revenue, has come primarily from the increased awareness and use of functionality contained in the unified Simpana data and information management software, informed the company.
“We believe the fact that CommVault is positioned as a challenger to long-standing industry leaders in the archive arena is a testament to the strength of our engineering expertise and proven ability to control storage costs, improve information governance and boost business agility,” commented Simon Taylor, senior director, information management, CommVault.
Gartner’s view regarding vendor placement is influenced by the more than 1,500 conversations on the topic of EIA during the past 18 months with its clients. Intended solely as a research tool, the magic quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner’s analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner.
Simpana software, as stated by CommVault, delivers management and infrastructure efficiencies while providing a growing customer base with a set of capabilities and features that meet the demands of their legal and compliance archiving needs.
- More Customer-Facing Firms Will Use Chatbots In 2-3 Years
- AI Interest Among CIOs Is Huge, But Deployment Is Low
- How CIOs Can Unleash App Power In Digital Business
- What Stops Companies From Adopting Big Data Analytics
- HP Leads In The Declining Global PC Market: Research
- AI To Become A Job Motivator, Not Job Killer: Gartner
- How CIOs Can Ensure A Seat At The Strategy Table
- Banks Investing Heavily On IT With Rising Digital Payments: Gartner
- 10 Ways CEOs Can Fund Digital Initiatives
- APAC CIOs Leading Adoption of Disruptive Technologies: Gartner