Commvault Simpana enables CI investments to drive DR cost savings
To enhance investor protection, ensure excellent customer service and better comply with key Canadian regulations, CI Investments, a subsidiary of CI Financial Corp. (TSE:CIX), is leveraging Simpana software solution from CommVault (NASDAQ:CVLT). The solution includes Simpana Backup & Recovery, Replication and Archive modules, as well as Simpana software’s integrated Deduplication feature.
“With Simpana software, we’ve streamlined business processes so we can better allocate resources while taking business continuity to a whole new level. Along the way, we’ve driven down disaster recovery costs while delivering unparalleled customer service,” said Terry Tick, VP - Infrastructure, CI Investments.
CI Investments manages a mix of 250 physical and virtual file servers running Windows from Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), AIX from IBM (NYSE:IBM) and Sun Solaris and 135 TBs of near-line storage to support crucial Sybase (NYSE:SY), Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL) and SQL databases that fuel essential fund administration and trading systems. By investing in Simpana enterprise data and information management software, CI Investments projects a 12-to-18 month ROI and forecasts a savings in storage-related costs of more than $1 million over a four-year period.
“With Simpana software, we have access to all types of functionality that will continually give us a leg up in increasing efficiencies while reducing costs. So far, our total projected savings in storage-related costs over the next four years exceed $1 million and we’re not done yet,” said Brian D’Souza, Manager - UNIX infrastructure, CI Investments.
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- Firms Struggle With Digital Transformation Investments: Study
- How Robo-Advisors Are Disrupting Financial Services
- Leveraging Cloud Based Payments Effectively
- Rahul Tewari Joins QuiKr As CFO
- Most CIOs Not Interested In Blockchain 'Hype'
- How AI Is Changing CFO's Role
- Investment to Implementation – Cutting the Long Journey Short
- CIO Klub Chalks Out Expansion Plan
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth