Compuware Announces Strategic Divestiture
Compuware has signed an agreement for Micro Focus to acquire assets from Compuware’s Quality Solutions product line, including development, sales and customer-support teams, as well as specific technologies. The $80 million transaction is expected to close this quarter and will impact about 330 employees.
"This move will allow Compuware to dedicate more investments and management focus to core categories where we can be best in the world. This transaction will result in more differentiated value for our customers and better bottom-line results for our shareholders and employees. Micro Focus will continue to provide the superior level of support that our Quality Solutions customers deserve," said Bob Paul, president and COO of Compuware Corporation.
The company also said it will aggressively move to take market share in the IT portfolio management and healthcare collaboration markets.
"Our industry is at a strategic inflection point with the challenge of application performance," said Paul. "Poorly performing applications make companies less responsive, less competitive and less productive. New, disruptive technologies like Web services, virtualization and cloud computing only increase the difficulty of getting applications to deliver value back to the business."
- Autonomous Database: Next Big Thing In The Indian Market
- Nine Ways To Ensure Cloud Security In Your Organization
- Poor Visibility, Greatest Challenge To Cloud Adoption
- Microsoft To Invest $5-Bn On IoT Globally; Bullish On India
- Google To Work On Its Own Blockchain Technology
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration