Compuware Announces Strategic Divestiture
Compuware has signed an agreement for Micro Focus to acquire assets from Compuware’s Quality Solutions product line, including development, sales and customer-support teams, as well as specific technologies. The $80 million transaction is expected to close this quarter and will impact about 330 employees.
"This move will allow Compuware to dedicate more investments and management focus to core categories where we can be best in the world. This transaction will result in more differentiated value for our customers and better bottom-line results for our shareholders and employees. Micro Focus will continue to provide the superior level of support that our Quality Solutions customers deserve," said Bob Paul, president and COO of Compuware Corporation.
The company also said it will aggressively move to take market share in the IT portfolio management and healthcare collaboration markets.
"Our industry is at a strategic inflection point with the challenge of application performance," said Paul. "Poorly performing applications make companies less responsive, less competitive and less productive. New, disruptive technologies like Web services, virtualization and cloud computing only increase the difficulty of getting applications to deliver value back to the business."
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- Cognitive Computing: An Essential Science In HR