Consumers Would Pay More For Product Transperancy: Study
Consumer demand for product transparency is on the rise, and brands that fulfill this demand by providing comprehensive product information are poised to grow market share and revenue. In fact, Label Insight’s 2016 Transparency ROI Study reveals that nearly 9 in 10 consumers say transparency is important to them across every food product category, and 40 percent say they would switch to a new brand if it offered full product transparency.
The study, released by Label Insight, a cloud-based data refinery for product data, examines the specific information consumers seek from brands, how they want to access that information, and how that information affects purchase behavior and brand loyalty. The study surveyed more than 2,000 consumers and reveals an overall desire for more product information, as well as an inclination to be more loyal to brands that provide more detailed insights.
Read Also: 10 Hot Consumer Tech Trends In 2016
“Label Insight has long believed that there is a tangible return on investment with transparency of product information between brands and consumers,” said Patrick Moorhead, CMO of Label Insight. “This study reveals what matters most to consumers in terms of the products they use and consume, and draws a clear correlation between transparency and improved consumer trust, enhanced brand loyalty, and overall long term value in repeat purchase,” he added.
The report addresses the impact of transparency on consumer loyalty and purchase behavior, and provides guidelines for brands on how to develop trust among consumers.
“For brands to succeed in today’s marketplace, they must understand that consumers place transparency above many other factors, and switch to competitive products that provide detailed product information,” added Moorhead. “By providing information consumers want in one place, brands have the opportunity to create lasting trust and valued relationships with their customers.”
- IBM, Fortinet Team Up On Cyber Threat Data sharing
- Tech Is The Future of Employee Onboarding, Says Study
- 8 Ways To Ensure If You Have Right Security Mindset
- Digital Security At The Heart Of Business Strategy
- Online Retailers Seek Inventory Accuracy To Remain Relevant: Study
- AI-ML Is Taking Travel To The Next Level
- How Big Data Is Changing The Media Industry
- Creating Smarter Cities With Smart Technologies
- How Big Data Analytics Is Changing The Face Of Recruitment
- Oracle Gets Ready To Soar To The Cloud