Continental Goes Live On Oracle E-Business Suite
The Rs 150 crore Continental Engines Ltd., has gone live on Oracle E-Business suite special edition, an offering from Oracle specifically aimed at the small and medium enterprises (SME) segment.
Commenting on this development, Manish Gupta, vice president-finance, Continental Engines, said, “With the deployment of Oracle’s solution, we expect to streamline our business processes and functions. This in turn will enable us to be more competitive allowing us to offer higher levels of service to our clients.”
Sharing some more details of this deployment with CXOtoday, Gupta stated that the solution has been purchased for 30 users. It has been implemented across three locations- at the head office and at the company’s two factories. According to Gupta, the locations are connected by radio links.
The solution resides on Oracle 11i. At the server level the company uses Linux as the operating system (OS), while at the client end, Windows XP is used as the OS.
Some of the key modules that come under the E-Business suite is financials, manufacturing, inventory, purchasing, sales apart from business intelligence and purchasing.
According to Oracle, the initial investment for this solution can start from Rs 16 lakh for back-end accounting and financial management processes in a services company or Rs 26 lakh for a standard manufacturing solution.
The Delhi-based Continental Engines Ltd. is engaged in internal and external machining of intricate cylinder heads for indigenous and imported cars, apart from exports.
- Helping C-Suite Innovate With ERP Cloud
- ITAM Aims To Reduce Software Spends Of CIOs
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation
- Oracle Announces New Cloud Programs For The Enterprise
- Oracle, Spectrum7 Technologies Conduct CIO Meets
- Modern Cloud Infrastructure Is A Key Growth Enabler
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Transforming Contact Centers
- Cloud Boosts Collaboration between HR, Finance
- Simplifying ERP Even For Entry Level Staff