Coursera Launches Specialization On Deep Learning
Online education platform, Coursera has announced a specialization on deep learning.This certificate program will enable anyone with basic programming skills to explore the frontiers of AI.
This is an extension to the company’s co-founder and AI expert Andrew Ng’s ‘Machine Learning’ course which introduced nearly two million learners around the world to topics in data science, computer science, and AI.
Through five interconnected courses, learners will be able develop a knowledge of the key AI algorithms, mastering deep learning from its foundations (neural networks) to its industry applications like Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Speech Recognition, etc.
The specialization not only will prepare learners to tackle the rise of deep learning but provide them with the opportunity to contribute in the development of AI technology.
“AI is the new electricity. Just as electricity transformed every major industry starting about 100 years ago, AI is now poised to do the same. Several large technology companies across the globe have already built divisions dedicated to AI, and have made huge strides transforming themselves with AI. Even in India, in the next few years, companies of all sizes and across all industries will realize that they too can - and must - be part of this AI-powered future. I’m hopeful that these courses will help many people to master deep learning, develop amazing careers, and build wonderful machine learnings systems that will improve the lives of numerous people,” said, Andrew Ng, the co-founder of Coursera and former chief scientist at Baidu.
The specialization is appropriate for anyone with basic Python skills, a strong mathematics background, and some introductory-level machine learning experience. The topics covered will be relevant for aspiring as well as practicing data scientists, machine learning engineers, data engineers, software developers, and learners coming from quantitative fields such as
At the end of the specialization, learners will practice applying deep learning on applications in healthcare, visual object recognition, music generation, and language understanding, among others.
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Fitness Technology To Redefine India's Healthcare Market
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- India's Insurance Sector Undergoing Massive Digital Disruption
- 203 Mn Records Breached In India In H1 2017: Gemalto
- Deep Learning To Spur Fraud Predictions By 2019
- AI, Machine Learning, Cognitive Computing - Learn These Or Perish