CP Pistons Opts for Geometric CAM Solution
CP Pistons, a piston supplier for high-performance engines, has chosen CAMWorks — a solids-based CAM solution from Geometric Limited.
The company opted for a new CAM software package to meet the demand for complex parts and ensure timely delivery. According to CP Pistons, while using the previous CAM solution, repeat orders with minor changes had to go through a time-consuming manual re-programming process.
The company uses SolidWorks for design and modelling and required a new CAM package that also integrated well with this platform. CAMWorks (Geometric is a Gold Partner of SolidWorks) was chosen for its open API functionality to bridge the company’s order booking and design systems with manufacturing. The proprietary automated feature recognition and Technology Database allowed them to save and automatically reapply manufacturing best practices for multi-axis milling and turning.
According to the automotive piston supplier, investing in CAMWorks has resulted in an improvement in the way they deal with reorders and reuse data for different orders. It has resulted in consistency and improved productivity.
"CAMWorks was the only tool we found out there that could meet all our demands and their flexible approach on APIs really helped us move forward on this initiative to develop an enterprise business process that linked the order taking system with the design and manufacturing processes," said Karl Ramm, senior technology manager and project developer, CP Pistons.
- IoT: The Next Big Thing In Manufacturing
- Why Industry 4.0 Is The Future Of Manufacturing
- Escaping Automation-Led Redundancy In The Indian IT Industry
- Vishal Sikka Steps Down As Infosys' MD And CEO
- Qualcomm Bets Big On AI, Machine Learning
- AI, Digital Currency To Bring Disruption In 2017: Study
- How Product Designing Has Changed Online Shopping
- Infosys To Acquire Product Design Firm Brilliant Basics
- Telcos Must Explore New Revenue Streams With IoT: Study
- Foxconn To Invest Rs $ 5 Bn For Mobile Phone Manufacturing In India