Creating agile businesses: Nasscom ILF 2011
Where IT strategy should be directed from? How can companies create agile business? These were the questions raised during the panel discussion on ‘Agile business models: Doing more with less?’ conducted at the Nasscom India Leadership Forum 2011.
The panel consisted of Kai Beckmann, CIO of Merck KGaA, David Awcock, group head, group technology and operations (GTO), Standard Chartered Bank, with Harvey Koeppel, executive director, IBM Center of CIO Leadership, moderating the session.
Beckmann started off by highlighting the need for IT strategy to be aligned with corporate and business strategies. Though this has become a universally recognized truth, execution still lags the world over. A consistent strategy framework is the key, opined Beckmann. On being asked what his advice was to his peers, Beckmann advised CIOs to set clear targets and have a global process framework in place. After that it is just a question of consistent implementation.
Awcock, too, stressed the need of integrating IT into business. According to him, while considering any new technology, always discuss what will be the final business benefit. Awcock’s advice is very simple - don’t get carried away by hype. “A successful IT strategy is derived directly from corporate strategy. To build a solid base, tracking of implementation at every stage is a requisite,” he said.
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz
- Nasscom Believes IT industry Will Perform Better Next Fiscal
- Indian IT Cos Reducing Dependence On Visas: Nasscom
- Are You A Cost Center Or A Profit Center?
- India Sets Up Policy Group To Study AI: NASSCOM
- DevOps Not A One-Size-Fits-All Strategy: CA Technologies
- Automation To Axe 7 Lakh Jobs, But Not High-skilled Jobs
- HPE Closes $8.8 Billion Micro Focus Spin-Off
- IFA 2017: 'Smart' AI-Based Tech Take Center Stage