CSC acquires big data firm Infochimps
CSC acquired Infochimps, a provider of big data platform-as-a-service for enterprise businesses and an open source innovator based in California, US. Infochimps’ team of highly skilled Big Data and analytics professionals and engineers will accelerate the development of CSC’s data services platform, enabling CSC to quickly scale its big data business and offering customers as-a-service access to advanced data analytics.“This acquisition aligns directly with CSC’s focus on next-generation technology solutions and services,” said Sashi Reddi, CSC’s Vice President and General Manager for Big Data and Analytics. “Infochimps’ expertise in building industrial-strength data platforms on open source technologies will advance CSC’s big data capabilities significantly.””CSC’s customers are looking for both deep analytics and real-time correlation through a pre-integrated cloud platform,” said Dan Hushon, CSC’s Chief Technology Officer. “The joint CSC-Infochimps capabilities give our customers the ability to provision their analytic platform, point their data streams and deliver new industry insights.”Infochimps will be able to leverage CSC’s global network of 87,000 employees, including technologists, industry consultants, application developers, software engineers, cyber security experts and infrastructure professionals. In addition, Infochimps will have access to CSC’s industrialised global sales, marketing, delivery and solution development teams.”Infochimps and CSC share leadership values of intellectual honesty and commitment to excellence,” said Jim Kaskade, CEO, Infochimps. “Additionally, the synergy between our companies presents a strong value proposition for the largest Global 2000 public companies.”Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. This marks CSC’s second acquisition of a Big Data company, as CSC continues to execute its strategy of building out a complete Big Data solution set that enables enterprise and government customers to benefit immediately from big data analytics.
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- More Customer-Facing Firms Will Use Chatbots In 2-3 Years
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Feb 12-17)
- Embracing Technology For HR Innovation
- IBM Steps Up Its Skills Development Efforts In India
- AI, Robotics Are All Here; Are Business Leaders Ready?
- Unnecessary Security Cordons Make Fintech More Vulnerable
- Using RPA For Greater Accuracy, Efficiency In Business
- Speech Analytics Can Boost Customer Experience
- Why IT Pros Must Learn New Era Tech To Stay Relevant