CSC to focus on India, appoints Narendra Nayak to head local unit
Global IT services firm CSC has formed a India business unit and has appointed Narendra Nayak to head local operations targeted domestic customers.
Nayak, who will report to Brian Manning, President and Managing Director of CSC India, will offer CSC’s technology services to Indian banking, insurance, manufacturing, and healthcare and government sector companies.
“As we look to replicate in India the success we have had with enterprise and government clients in other regions across the world,” said Manning.
According to NASSCOM’s Strategic Review 2011, market trends indicate that the Indian IT services market is showing a significant upswing with domestic IT services pegged at about USD 9 billion in 2010 and slated to grow by 22% percent in 2011. CSC expects this market to see a Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 16 per cent by 2014.
CSC offers IT services that span from cloud computing, cybersecurity, mobility, applications and infrastructure management, to business and technology consulting, systems integration and industry-specific solutions.
“Clients are increasingly looking for partners that provide best-fit solutions and CSC is well poised to deliver on this need,” said Nayak. “CSC is one of the few objective, independent tier-one service providers with the ability to bring the best solutions tailored to client needs. CSC has a track record of delivering some of the most mission-critical jobs in the world.”
Since 1991, CSC has steadily expanded its India operations and be the second largest operations for the company globally. It has 20,000 professionals in seven centers across India.
CSC, based out of US has a revenue of $ 16 billion and global employee base of 91,000.
- CRO Initiatives Lead To Greater Customer Satisfaction: Study
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- AI Is The Future of Cybersecurity