CSC's Petroleum Enterprise Intelligence Offering
Technology-enabled solutions and services provider CSC has announced the launch of its Petroleum Enterprise Intelligence offering, a business intelligence solution designed to help exploration and production (E&P) or upstream oil and gas companies integrate technical, operational and financial information across the enterprise.
The solution, which employs Oracle’s business intelligence applications and the Information Store’s (iStore) data access and visualization technology, is meant to enable companies to understand the financial impact of field decisions, optimize well production and maximize effectiveness of operational decisions.
Integrating upstream and operational systems data, Petroleum Enterprise Intelligence provides analytical functions for exploration and production, refining and pipeline marketing, energy trading, financials, supply chain and workforce management. The offering addresses four key areas: business processes, information management, operations and technology infrastructure.
The Petroleum Enterprise Intelligence solution enables the presentation of data across the enterprise from geoscientists to engineers, including non-specialists, through use of business intelligence functionality, as well as modeling, planning and analytics, said Catherine Madden, senior research analyst at Energy Insights, IDC.
"As the industry continues to develop the Digital Oil Field, this offering uniquely positions CSC, iStore and Oracle to help E&P companies reduce operating costs, increase production and operate in a safer and more effective manner," said Oracle’s Hossam Farid, senior director of Oil & Gas Solutions.
- Here's Why The Voice-First Strategy Will Rule
- How AI-ML Are Fueling Video Editing Innovations
- Firms That Offer Human-Like AI Experiences Can Win Customers: Study
- How AI Is Transforming HR And The Recruitment Process
- Is Time Ripe For Robot CEOs? Firms Think Otherwise
- Digital Payment To Drive Blockchain Growth In India, Says Study
- Despite Potential, AI Has Many Issues To Be Sorted
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- 5 Steps to Manage An Efficient Innovation Program