Customer Experience: Making All Touch-points Count
With customer autonomy, the power is in the hands of individuals, leading to dramatic changes in demands and expectations from nearly every angle. The questions such as who are your customers, what services do they look forward to getting, what would influence their decision-making, and which business propositions will work out in the best way, will certainly remain the same. But, trying to get answersto these questions with a one-size-fits-allapproach in mindis likely to complicate things. In the disrupting business landscape, youmustidentify and respond to market opportunities and deliver intuitive experiences as to how, when and where individuals choose to interact. Every interaction with the customer must be designed and mapped to ensure the right message at the right time.
Customer Strategy Over Digital Strategy
The pervasiveness of smart devices and proliferation of digital channels contribute highly in accelerating the emergence of a new, digital world. Firmly in the grip of digital revolution, Generation Y’s insatiable demand is to be able to connect to the world, without having to mark physical presence. They seek flexibility and multiple options to get their things sorted without having to wreak brain any which way. They choose the channel, device, and unquestionably the time span they are willing to spend.
Easier said than done, companies of repute, too, lose touch with their customers. Yes, you read that right. More often than not, it has been observed that even organizations that have been able to resolve complaints within service level agreements, maintain consistent communication with customers over touch points, have had customers complaining about poor customer experience. These companies do not require a digital strategy, but a robust customer strategy suited for the digital age is what they needto deliver sustained customer experience.It is vital to empathize with the customer and understand the customer’s pulse first. Customers expect a real-time response and continuous engagement, but some of the associated myths with customer-centricity createconfusion. Let’s talk about some of them:
· Customer centricity is about the front-office - No, customer-centricity is all-pervasive. Slight negligence in any way will impact all functions of the organization. It encompasses person-to-person or machine-to-machine interactivity at omni-channel touchpoints – websites, applications, in-store digital assets, and mobile web, to mention a few
· Customer centricity is majorly about embracing new technology - Putting customer service initiatives into words, but not so much into action at various touchpoints erode customer loyalty. Customer-centricity is a mindset. It is more about attitude and ways of working to seamlessly bridge the gap between people, system, and processes
· Customer centricity is more of a differentiator - Customer experience is not just a differentiator, but it is a fundamental expectation of customers. Customers expect the same experience from large institutions as they do from new age start-ups
The Enterprise Technology Reinvention Paradox
As delivering cohesive customer experience is one of the prime requisites to gaining a sustainable advantage, here’s a quick run-down of the enterprise technology reinvention paradox:
· You need to think afresh, act like a new age business, and yet, perform with maturity & experience
· You need the speed of a small and agile organization, and yet, operate at multi-geography scale
· You need flexible, responsive & resilience operations, and yet, standards, efficiency, and consistency
· You need to refresh your business, without throwing the baby out with the bathwater
· You need to transform your enterprise, without having to deal with risky executive decisions
A Complete Customer Platform
In an increasingly digital world, most of the customers relate to brands through digital means. Thus, there must be ubiquitous cross-channel connectivity to drive continuous engagement with customers, and that’s when customer care management comes to rescue.Customer Communication Management software is not just another investment, but it gives a holistic picture of business, with increased business agility. It helps organizations connect with every customer by delivering personalized and consistent communications across all touch points.A strong,unified communication platform brings along baggage full of business benefits such as:
· Reduced operational costsvia streamlined customer communications
· Improved reliability, predictability while minimizing the need for human intervention
· Identify and respond to market opportunities through increased agility and standardization across all customer communications
· Enhanced customer experience through a differentiated, real-time decision making capability to proactively deliver differentiated, personalized experiences
As customer journey no longer starts with a brand, it begins with an individual-customer-centric approach willtake a toll over an inward-looking strategy. It creates a dire need for you to transform the business model from single-channel to multi-channel and placecustomers at the center of every business transactions.With customer communication management as a part of your strategy, you can make an impactful first move and deliver sustained customer experience. As customers seek consistent experience, you will be able to manage high volume workloads, engage with your customers across multiple channels and make them feel valued, simultaneouslymaking your presence felt.
[Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Trivone Media Network's or that of CXOToday's.]
- Top 10 Trends Transforming Today's Learning Experience
- Virtual Assistants On The Rise In the workplace: Gartner
- 5 Tech To Disrupt The Enterprise In 2019
- Smart Speaker Usage Booming in India, Says Study
- What Makes The Smart Home Market So Lucrative In India
- Digital Tech Essential to Bridge India’s Skill Gap, Shows Study
- BlackBerry Empowers Automakers With Digital Cockpit Solution
- Is Your Organization A Stellar Storyteller In The Digital Age?
- Top Workforce Trends In The Digital Age
- At SAP, We Co-Innovate With Our Customers