CXO's Choice: Cloud Computing, IPTV
In our year end survey, most of the CXOs we interacted with named virtualization as the technology to watch for in 2009. However, there are a few more that deserve an honorable mention. In this article we talk about what it means for these technologies in the year to come.
Cloud computing was a technology that most CXOs believed made a mark in 2008. However some, like K.R. Srinivasan, pro vice chancellor of IGNOU believe that it will be the technology to watch for in 2009 too. Ajay Kumar Dhir, CIO of JSL Limited also agreed with this. In his view 2009 could see better adoption and deployment of technologies like cloud computing and virtualization.
Much has been talked about green IT and the importance for organizations to adopt cleaner practices. However, it was disappointing to see that it ranked so low in the 2009 priority list. In fact, only one CIO reported that his organization would be investing in green IT in 2009. The recession is forcing executives to become tight-fisted with budgets, but hopefully this is just a temporary phase. The need for adopting greener practices cannot be stressed enough and it is time the business community starts taking active steps in this regard.
IPTV created a stir in mid-2008 but concrete adoption never materialized and the buzz fizzled out as the year progressed. Hopefully, with 3G looking to kick off next year in India, 2009 will see some positive movement for this technology.
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- Cognitive Computing: An Essential Science In HR
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- Microsoft Gears Up For Quantum Computing Ecosystem
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Sep18-23)