CXOtoday event report: Extreme Performance with Oracle Exadata
Grid computing is known to be one of the efficient ways of computing as it offers high performance, better productivity and efficient use of idle resources. To offer similar benefits to its customers, Oracle has now equipped Exadata, its database machine, with Oracle Database 11g Release 2. This move will make grid computing more accessible, reduce server and storage costs, improve query performance, and upgrade database applications online. To better understand the Exadata offering, CXOtoday.com in partnership with Wipro and Oracle held an event titled “Extreme Performance with Oracle Exadata” in Mumbai.
The event, which had an overwhelming response, was attended by IT decision makers from various industry verticals such as manufacturing, BFSI, Oil and Gas etc. The event comprised of two sessions, which were addressed by one speaker each from Wipro and Oracle.
The first speaker for the morning was Atul Singh, Regional Head - ITS business, Wipro. Atul, who has been with Wipro for over five years has over 16 years of experience in the IT industry. In his presentation, Atul explained, how Wipro grew to be a $6 billion dollar organization and the company’s relationship with Oracle. He also added that worldwide Wipro is the 12th largest SI for Oracle and is also one of the few companies to be Oracle’s Platinum Partner.
Atul’s presentation was followed by a one by Chandrashekhar Subramaniam, Head - Exadata Partner Development at Oracle. Chandrashekhar has over 20 years of experience in the IT industry of which 13.5 years was spent in Intel. In his presentation, Chandrashekhar explained how Oracle Exadata and Oracle Database 11g Release 2 can help lower costs while improving service quality for online transaction processing (OLTP), enterprise data warehousing, and database consolidation. He also mentioned that worldwide Oracle has close to 50 percent share in the database market, while in India it was close to 60 percent. Chandrashekar also played videos of customer testimonials and also offered the audience to arrange meetings with these clients.
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Oct 16-20)
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- 19 Milestones On Google's 19th Birthday
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Sep18-23)
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation
- Oracle Announces New Cloud Programs For The Enterprise