Cyberoam named as no.1 UTM appliance vendor in India by IDC
Market research firm, IDC (TSE:IDC) had identified Cyberoam, as the No.1 UTM (Unified Threat Management) appliance vendor in India based on factory revenue figures for Q3 2010 (July-September 2010 quarter). Cyberoam is a division of Elitecore Technologies, and a provider of identity-based UTM security appliances.
Sharing the credit of the achievement with the company’s channels strategy, pricing and top-quality support, Tushar Sighat, VP, operations, Cyberoam, said that, “Clearly, it reflects our ability to meet the growing requirements among SMBs and enterprises for comprehensive security through multiple product ranges and latest feature-packed versions of UTM.”
According to data released in IDC’s India quarterly security appliance tracker, Q3 2010, December 2010, Cyberoam recorded factory revenues of US$ 2.71 million out of a total India UTM appliance market size of US$ 11.52 million during Q3 2010, representing a 23.5 percent market share.
“With our present achievement, we are confident in retaining the No.1 position while acknowledging the great responsibility that comes with being a leader. We will endeavor to fulfill the expectations of our customers with continuous product innovations and marketing strategies to reinforce our position further in the UTM space,” announced Sighat.
Being a channel-oriented security vendor, Cyberoam stated that it closely works with its partners through regular roadshows, distribution meets and promotions in key channel media. Moreover, it enables partners to achieve and demonstrate competence and gain industry recognition for technical skills through its certification programs viz. CCNSP (Cyberoam certified network and security professional) and CCNSE (Cyberoam security training center).
- Poor Router Security Makes Indians Vulnerable To Cyber Attacks
- What's BitLocker’s Role In Encryption And Compliance?
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Key Technologies Redefining Human Resources
- Study Shows Digital Trust Gap Between Companies And Consumers
- Oracle To Showcase Its SaaS Innovation With AI In India
- Research Reveals AI Is Creating More 'Human Friendly' Workplaces
- Is There A Weak Link In Your Encryption Strategy?
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- Multi-Factor Authentication Can Mitigate Password Risks: Study