Cyberoam Upgrades Security Line
Elitecore, the makers of identity-based Unified Threat Management (UTM) appliances, have announced the release of version 184.108.40.206 for Cyberoam range of integrated security appliances.
Version 220.127.116.11 of Cyberoam prevents enterprises from suffering crippling security and connectivity failures.
Cyberoam offers widespread threat protection including firewall-VPN, intrusion prevention, anti-virus scanning, spam-control, bandwidth management. Its security protects enterprises from Internet threats, including spyware, phishing, pharming, viruses, worms, Trojans and more.
Harish Chib, VP - marketing, Cyberoam said, “The new version of Cyberoam deals with the security apprehension related to device failures. If a ‘master’ box fails, the other one, which is in parallel, acting as the ’slave’ takes over, till the master gets back in action. This is known as ‘active-passive’ high-availability. It also adds the feature of custom signature in Cyberoam Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IDP), allowing enterprises to create their own signatures against threats. The beta release, which was out in October 2006, was found to be effective in blocking unwanted sites such as Orkut-like communities, and so on.”
Some Indian users of Cyberoam 9.x series are TimesNow group, Adani group, Siyaram Mills, Ernst & Young, UTI Bank, Honda Cars. Existing users of Cyberoam 9.x products can upgrade to the new version, free of cost.
The version also includes RADIUS authentication, FTP scanning for Anti-Virus for incoming and outgoing mail traffic, as well as SMTP authentication.
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- Gartner: Top 10 Strategic Tech Trends For 2018
- Are You Choosing The Best Software For Your Business?
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security