Cyberpark Appoints Binu Pazhoor as CEO
The new IT park and center of excellence being developed by the Government of Kerala has appointed Binu Pazhoor as CEO of Cyberpark. As Chief Operating Officer of Cyberpark, Pazhoor will lead initiatives towards the development of the ‘cyberparks’ planned to be built in the Malabar region — namely, Kozhikode, Kannur and Kasargode. He will be responsible for the development of infrastructure, marketing and promotion of the three parks and the development of other initiatives supporting the implementation and functions of the parks.
Pazhoor comes with experience as director in board for the Academy for Excellence, which is a non-profit organization geared towards building an education system that connects children from around the world. Commenting on his role at Cyberpark, Binu Pazhoor said, "…coming from this background, I am looking forward to this challenging task. Also being quite an environmentally conscious person, I intend to bring an eco-friendly state-of-the-art facility with all the modern amenities promoting a greener Kerala preserving the traditions and purity of the state."
Before joining CyberPark, Mr. Pazhoor was in USA for the last 12 years where he held the role of Director of Strategic planning at Fiserv (FSV), a major financal services firm in Houston, Texas, USA. He has also worked as a founder and CEO of a management consulting firm in the U.S.
To promote IT parks in Kerala, the government has adopted a ‘hub and spokes’ model. Two hubs — Technopark in Thiruvananthapuram and Infopark in Kochi — have already been developed. The third hub is Cyberpark, Kozhikode. These three hubs will cater to the respective nearby areas. Cyberpark is in the process of setting up IT parks at Kozhikode, at the SEZs approved at Kannur and Kasargode. There may also be plans to set up other such parks in the future.
- Banks, Govt To Drive Enterprise Storage Growth: IDC
- India Govt Puts Chinese Handsets Under Scanner: Report
- Govt Considers Insurance Cover For Fraudulent Digital Transaction
- IoT Adoption By Businesses, Govt On The Rise
- Wipro Helps K'taka Govt To Digitize Its Gram Panchayat Offices
- CIO-Klub-Chennai Aims To Work Closely With Govt
- Govt Launches 'Cyber Swachhta Kendra' To Prevent Cyber Attack
- BHIM, Other Govt-Backed Apps To Boost Digital Payments
- Govt To Review IT Act To Tackle Cyber Crime
- IT/ITes Exports From STPIs Up By 9 pc