Data center assessment to improve energy efficiency
Energy management company Schneider Electric has introduced a customisable data center assessment services, EnergySTEP. The new solution is designed to conduct an assessment of power, cooling, physical infrastructure and operational efficiencies of a data center.
The company believes that EnergySTEP can help CIOs and data center managers to benchmark the performance of their facility against industry standards like the Green Grid Data Center Maturity Model. The assessment focuses on enhancements that will help data center professionals reduce the spiraling cost of energy, while ensuring maximum availability.
“Providing data center managers with an assessment of the energy usage and efficiency empowers them to make informed decisions on optimizing their infrastructure,” said Shrinivas Chebbi, Country General Manager and President India & SAARC, Schneider Electric.
He added that recommendations included with this Assessment will result in optimised energy usage, reduced operating costs and allowing the data center manager to prioritise data center improvements to better manage capital expenses.
According to Aniket Patange, Director Data Center Life Cycle Services, Schneider Electric, “The objective of this service is to enterprises can maximise availability, improve energy efficiency and reduce energy-related costs that are very critical in the current business scenario. It allows users and data center professionals to learn from specifications generated by the world’s leading experts on improving the adeptness of data centers.”
The service also helps data center managers to meet energy usage goals, business needs and financial targets. The comprehensive report generated by the assessment provides vendor neutral recommendations including detailed findings illustrated with various graphics and benchmarks of performance.
- IT Hiring 2018: More Digital Skills In Demand This Year
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 15-20)
- Top Fintech Trends That Will Dominate This Year
- Data Felon’s Next Target: Insurance Firms
- 2018: The Year Of Demystifying Unstructured Data
- The Key Security Factors In Aadhaar Authentication
- Top 10 Customer Experience Trends in 2018
- How Big Data Is Changing Banking And Finance
- Microsoft, Accenture Team Up To Help Start-Ups
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jan 8-13)