Data Security on the Fly
Enterprises now seek solutions that keep their businesses competitive abreast compliant with government requirements. In response to this need, Sun has initiated a new data protection services. This is a new on-site service that will enable customers to remain compliant with internal corporate data erasure policies during its removal, redeployment or relocation of equipment containing sensitive data and complacently abide by the regulations. Thus it claims in providing a global, audit-ready solution that erases data at the platter level.
Sun data protection services will meet the requirements of most company security policies by standardizing on the stringent DOD 5220-22M policy for data erasure. In addition the service can scale to match the policies of up to 14 different erasure standards to satisfy both public and private security regulations.
“An effective data destruction policy can create a competitive advantage for businesses,” said Michelle Dennedy, chief data strategy and privacy officer, Sun Microsystems. “It frees you up to focus on today and the future and to stop worrying about yesterday’s inventory.
According to IDC industry research most midsize to large corporations will replace about 25-33 percent of their IT equipment on an annual basis (IDC 2007). Each event in the equipment life cycle can expose sensitive corporate or customer data to possible breach and such on-site erasure adds more control to a customer’s security policy.
Towards a Service-driven Data Center
- Ten Trends Redefining Enterprise IT In 2018
- 5 Ways AI Can Live Up To Its Promise In 2018
- 70% Indian Firms To Deploy AI By 2020: Intel
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Cyber Security Predictions For 2018
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question