Data Security on the Fly
Enterprises now seek solutions that keep their businesses competitive abreast compliant with government requirements. In response to this need, Sun has initiated a new data protection services. This is a new on-site service that will enable customers to remain compliant with internal corporate data erasure policies during its removal, redeployment or relocation of equipment containing sensitive data and complacently abide by the regulations. Thus it claims in providing a global, audit-ready solution that erases data at the platter level.
Sun data protection services will meet the requirements of most company security policies by standardizing on the stringent DOD 5220-22M policy for data erasure. In addition the service can scale to match the policies of up to 14 different erasure standards to satisfy both public and private security regulations.
“An effective data destruction policy can create a competitive advantage for businesses,” said Michelle Dennedy, chief data strategy and privacy officer, Sun Microsystems. “It frees you up to focus on today and the future and to stop worrying about yesterday’s inventory.
According to IDC industry research most midsize to large corporations will replace about 25-33 percent of their IT equipment on an annual basis (IDC 2007). Each event in the equipment life cycle can expose sensitive corporate or customer data to possible breach and such on-site erasure adds more control to a customer’s security policy.
Towards a Service-driven Data Center
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- Why Web-scale Is The Future Of Data Center
- Using AI, Big Data To Design The Right Curriculum
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Cyber GCCs In India At The Cusp Of Transformation
- 10 Questions To Ask Your Cloud Vendor Encryption Solutions