Datacraft deploys green infrastructure solution for Indian FMCG conglomerate
Datacraft will integrate and implement an innovative green infrastructure facility project for an Indian FMCG company in India. The new environment of the conglomerate, which will relocate its headquaters, is slated to be a 100 percent green infrastructure compliant facility, consisting of four buildings that house the organisation’s key departments and IT infrastructure. The energy-efficient systems and collaborative IT infrastructure are expected to result in cost savings up to 15 percent annually.
“We were able to impress the client with the various solutions proposed that met their criteria for superior performance. The IT implementation was then completed in record time, allowing the new facility to be fully operational in less than two weeks,” remarked Shailendra Badoni, COO of Datacraft India.
Datacraft, a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data (LSE:DDT), an IT solutions and services provider, signed US$1.2 million contract to build a campus-wide, wireless network infrastructure, along with an enhanced POE (Power over Ethernet) to power collaborative tools within the campus, including digital media signage (DMS), videoconferencing equipment and video kiosks, informed the company. It to customise an innovative green solution based on Cisco technology, which includes virtual switching system (VSS) that enables virtualisation capabilities to help conserve bandwidth usage.
In order to reduce travel and carbon footprint, Cisco TelePresence was implemented, while for better power management and infrastructure consolidation, Cisco Catalyst series switches were deployed.
Besides providing design and consultancy services, the contract also required Datacraft to provide Uptime support services for one year. Uptime is Datacraft’s managed service offering that provides total network with support, troubleshooting and resolution for mission-critical IT systems 24 x 7 x 365, in accordance to the set of pre-agreed service level agreements (SLAs) with the client.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- Why Companies Need To Invest In Chief AI Officer
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- Fitness Technology To Redefine India's Healthcare Market
- Using Technology To Your Business Advantage
- Govts Exploring Blockchain To Boost Fintech Innovation