Datacraft deploys green infrastructure solution for Indian FMCG conglomerate
Datacraft will integrate and implement an innovative green infrastructure facility project for an Indian FMCG company in India. The new environment of the conglomerate, which will relocate its headquaters, is slated to be a 100 percent green infrastructure compliant facility, consisting of four buildings that house the organisation’s key departments and IT infrastructure. The energy-efficient systems and collaborative IT infrastructure are expected to result in cost savings up to 15 percent annually.
“We were able to impress the client with the various solutions proposed that met their criteria for superior performance. The IT implementation was then completed in record time, allowing the new facility to be fully operational in less than two weeks,” remarked Shailendra Badoni, COO of Datacraft India.
Datacraft, a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data (LSE:DDT), an IT solutions and services provider, signed US$1.2 million contract to build a campus-wide, wireless network infrastructure, along with an enhanced POE (Power over Ethernet) to power collaborative tools within the campus, including digital media signage (DMS), videoconferencing equipment and video kiosks, informed the company. It to customise an innovative green solution based on Cisco technology, which includes virtual switching system (VSS) that enables virtualisation capabilities to help conserve bandwidth usage.
In order to reduce travel and carbon footprint, Cisco TelePresence was implemented, while for better power management and infrastructure consolidation, Cisco Catalyst series switches were deployed.
Besides providing design and consultancy services, the contract also required Datacraft to provide Uptime support services for one year. Uptime is Datacraft’s managed service offering that provides total network with support, troubleshooting and resolution for mission-critical IT systems 24 x 7 x 365, in accordance to the set of pre-agreed service level agreements (SLAs) with the client.
- Lack Of Integrated Tools Leads To Project Failure: Study
- How AI Is Changing The Landscape Of House Renting Sector?
- Smart City Mission: Tier II-III Cities Take the Lead
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- How Smart Cities Of The Future Can Get Smarter
- 3 Wealthiest Global CEOs Come From Tech Industry
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- Cyber GCCs In India At The Cusp Of Transformation
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018
- Digital Payment To Drive Blockchain Growth In India, Says Study