Datavision-IBM Partner for Banking Solutions
Datavision and IBM are collaborating to provide scalable web-based core banking solutions to the co-operative banking sector in India.
The DataMate core banking solution helps address key challenges the co-operative banking sector in India faces such as customer relationship management through a unified view of the customer’s transactions, leveraging and achieving optimum results from existing IT investments and attracting and retaining customers through customized offerings amongst others.
Previously, the product was maintained on an open source freeware application server and Oracle database platform. However, in order to improve its performance, scalability and reliability metrics, Datavision decided to migrate the product to an end-to-end IBM platform comprising of IBM WebSphere application server and IBM DB2 database. The solution provides banks a consolidated view of their customers across all service delivery channels. It provides user definable validations and charges, multi language support and interfaces to various channels like ATM, payment gateways, Interactive Voice Response technology (IVRs), Point of sales (POS) devices and mobiles.
"Co-operative banks are seen as the primary financing instrument for the credit requirement in the rural sector. Consequently they are under constant pressure to innovate their service offerings to meet the unique demands of local rural customers. Our skills and insights in the financial and banking domain, including microfinance and IBM’s proven reputation in the banking industry will help facilitate lower total cost of ownership and quicker time to market for co-operative banks in India," said Prakash Khanchandani, MD of Datavision.
This web based, DataMate solution also includes other powerful features such as multi-language support, service branch integration, over 1500 built-in reports with built in report writer and interfaces to various third party channels. It also complies with ISO 8583 standards.
- Yes Bank Automates Field Sales Processes Using Kaizala
- Banks Investing Heavily On IT With Rising Digital Payments: Gartner
- More Indian Enterprises Cozying Up To Analytics: Study
- SBI Teams Up With BankChain, Intel For Blockchain Deployment
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative
- Cognitive Computing: An Essential Science In HR
- Network Visibility: How To Diffuse The IT Blame Game
- Bank Branches Will Not Die Anytime Soon: Study
- Twitter Names Sriram Krishnan As Senior Director Of Product
- The Future Of Banking Is Paperless, Say Experts