Datavision-IBM Partner for Banking Solutions
Datavision and IBM are collaborating to provide scalable web-based core banking solutions to the co-operative banking sector in India.
The DataMate core banking solution helps address key challenges the co-operative banking sector in India faces such as customer relationship management through a unified view of the customer’s transactions, leveraging and achieving optimum results from existing IT investments and attracting and retaining customers through customized offerings amongst others.
Previously, the product was maintained on an open source freeware application server and Oracle database platform. However, in order to improve its performance, scalability and reliability metrics, Datavision decided to migrate the product to an end-to-end IBM platform comprising of IBM WebSphere application server and IBM DB2 database. The solution provides banks a consolidated view of their customers across all service delivery channels. It provides user definable validations and charges, multi language support and interfaces to various channels like ATM, payment gateways, Interactive Voice Response technology (IVRs), Point of sales (POS) devices and mobiles.
"Co-operative banks are seen as the primary financing instrument for the credit requirement in the rural sector. Consequently they are under constant pressure to innovate their service offerings to meet the unique demands of local rural customers. Our skills and insights in the financial and banking domain, including microfinance and IBM’s proven reputation in the banking industry will help facilitate lower total cost of ownership and quicker time to market for co-operative banks in India," said Prakash Khanchandani, MD of Datavision.
This web based, DataMate solution also includes other powerful features such as multi-language support, service branch integration, over 1500 built-in reports with built in report writer and interfaces to various third party channels. It also complies with ISO 8583 standards.
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Feb 19-24)
- Emerging Tech To Drive Enterprise Digital Transformation
- India Ranks 7th On Web Application Attacks: Akamai
- PNB Scam: Some Tech Lessons For Indian Banks
- City Union Bank India's First Banking Robot
- Global Blockchain Market To Reach $9.6 Mn By 2024: Report
- What Fintech Sector Expects From Union Budget 2018
- How Big Data Is Changing Banking And Finance
- Suspicious Transactions Up Due To Surge In Digital Payments
- The Future Of Digital Payments In 2018