DCIG 2011 ranks Commvault Simpana 9 as No.1 virtual server
CommVault (NASDAQ:CVLT) today announced that its Simpana 9 software has been ranked No. 1 by an independent industry guide to evaluating virtual server protection software conducted by DCIG, a research firm.
The report states that CommVault received ‘Best in Class’ honors for overall functionality in comparison to other solutions in the market, across seven categories encompassing technology, management, backup, restore, deduplication, media and support. Other contenders in the list were EMC (NYSE:EMC), Symantec (NASDAQ:SYMC), CA (NASDAQ:CA)and IBM (NYSE:IBM). It also received ‘Best in Class’ designation in the virtual server management category.
“Both customers and analysts have responded favorably to our Simpana 9 software enhancements, and DCIG’s ‘ Best in Class’ ranking further affirms that we’re gaining significant momentum in leading the industry by solving tough business problems with proven solutions that lower costs, reduce risk and improve operations,” remarked David West, VP, marketing and business development for CommVault.
The company informed that DCIG 2011 Virtual Server Backup Software Buyer’s Guide evaluated 24 vendors that provide virtual server protection software. The findings were based on responses to 130 questions and end-user interviews that scored and ranked features according to those considered critical to customers.
“Our latest buyer’s guide is the result of an extensive efforts evaluating different vendors’ solutions and talking to end-users to provide an insider’s look at the virtual server backup landscape,” commented Jerome Wendt, president and lead analyst of DCIG. “In doing so, it became apparent that CommVault really stood out in delivering both the features and functionality that end-users determined were most important in meeting their emerging business requirements,” Wendt further concluded.
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How To Combat Online Harassment At The Workplace
- Network Visibility: How To Diffuse The IT Blame Game
- The Future Of Banking Is Paperless, Say Experts
- How CXOs Can Be Safe When Using Wi-Fi At Public Places
- Top 4 Challenges Of Application Hosting
- Using Virtualization To Enhance Security, Save On Infrastructure
- Nokia, Xiaomi Announce Multi-Year Patent And Equipment Deal
- AI, VPAs Fail to Drive PC, Smartphone Demand: Gartner